Sat, Jun 01|
FlowYo Yoga and Travel Retreat in Dublin, Ireland
Welcome to beautiful Ireland: a favorite destination among many travelers. Join Walker Wellness Retreats and Flowyo Yoga as we travel around this awe-inspiring country. This 9-day all-inclusive retreat includes 8 nights of accommodation, daily yoga classes, all meals, excursions. and transportation.
Time & Location
Jun 01, 2024, 2:00 PM – Jun 09, 2024, 11:00 AM
About the Event
Welcome to beautiful Ireland: a favorite destination among many travelers. Join Walker Wellness Retreats and Flowyo Yoga as we travel around this awe-inspiring country. This 9 day all-inclusive retreat includes 8 nights of accommodations, daily yoga classes led by Amanda White of FlowYo, all meals, all excursions, transportation throughout, and a local guide.
Arrival & Orientation
Welcome to Ireland! You will arrive into the Dublin Airport before 6:00 PM. We will arrange for airport transfer to your hotel in Killarney where you will be greeted by the Walker Wellness Retreats and FlowYo team. At 7:00 PM, we will enjoy dinner as a group as well as a retreat orientation at the hotel. Overnight in Killarney.
We wake up this morning to the sight of McGillycuddy's Reeks, Ireland's tallest mountain range. We will have yoga outdoors if the weather is nice, or indoors if it rains, then a big Irish breakfast. We then set off for a day's tour around the beautiful Iveragh Peninsula, known as the Ring of Kerry. En route, we will meet Irish Wolfhounds and visit the home of the once-endangered Kerry Bog Pony, Ireland's only indigenous equine species. The eagle-eyed may spot some of our native wild animals in the Kerry mountains during the day - our native wild Irish goat, or our native Red Deer. We will have lunch beside the lapping waters of the Atlantic, before climbing up into the mountains and visiting the Killarney National Park, the famous Ladies' View, the Torc Waterfall, and the ancient forests of oak, yew, mountain ash and holly - one of Europe's oldest primeval forests. Upon arrival in Killarney, we will head into town for dinner in an authentic local restaurant, and afterward go to see the premier, and most authentic, Irish music and dance show, Celtic Steps. Overnight again in Killarney.
Cliffs of Moher
After yoga and breakfast, we set off up the west coast into counties Limerick and Clare, using the Shannon Estuary ferry en route. We will visit the world-famous Cliffs of Moher, which drop a sheer 214m into the Atlantic Ocean. We will have time to walk along the cliff paths and take in the breathtaking scenery. Look out to sea here - it's "next stop America"! As we leave, we take a coastal tour through the unique limestone karst landscape of the Burren, and we will stop to take a walk over this stunning stony landscape. We arrive later on in Galway, where we stay overnight. That evening, we can take a short walking tour through the old part of the city down to the harbor, from where many Irish people emigrated after the Great Famine. Overnight in Salthill, with an optional evening walk into the city center (a good long coastal hike) along the famous "Salthill Prom", with a genuine traditional music session in a pub there (Tígh Coíli).
Aran Island Tour
Today we're up early for yoga and breakfast again, before heading out into Galway Bay on the Aran Islands Ferry. Upon arrival, our van will await us, and we will head up to the little village of Kilmurvey from where we take a hike across the stony landscape up to Dún Aonghasa, a 3000-year-old early Celtic fortification perched right at the edge of a sheer cliff into the sea. This is a very special place! Once we've taken in the sights, we will have lunch on the island before returning to the harbor for our ferry ship back to the mainland. From there, we will be able to see the Cliffs of Moher, but this time we're looking up at them from the sea! Overnight in Galway, with the opportunity to go to a little bar in the city center that evening to hear some traditional music played by local people.
Today we head west after yoga and breakfast. We will go into the interior of the vast, Irish-speaking western Co. Galway region known as Connemara, stopping at a several scenic spots en route, and ending up at the beautiful Kylemore Abbey, where we will spend several hours. Here we explore the extensive grounds, with many beautiful walks, and have a homemade lunch before heading onwards. We will traverse the spectacular Sky Road, and then take the lonely, scenic road through the Doolough Valley, where the tragic "Walk of Tears" took place at the height of the Famine in the 1840s. The scenery here is wild, open, huge, and beautiful. We end up in the picturesque town of Westport that evening. We will have dinner in our hotel, after which there will be an optional visit to the town center to sit in with a very authentic and intimate traditional music session in the famous Matt Molloy's bar. Matt is one of the famous "Chieftains," a world-famous Irish music group. If we are lucky, he might be playing himself. We arrive that evening in the 5-star Knockranny at Westport, where we will stay for 2 nights.
After yoga and breakfast we set off for Achill Island in western Co. Mayo. En route, those who wish may leave the coach and cycle over a 12km route around the stunningly beautiful Corraun Peninsula to Achill Sound, where the coach will await. Anyone who wants to stay on, we'll go and have a pot of tea overlooking the sea! Once everyone has caught up, we will have lunch before having a tour around Achill Island, where the award-winning "Banshees of Inisheirin" movie was filmed in 2022. Later, we go back to Westport, and traditional music again in Matt Molloy's for those who want it. In the case of bad weather, an alternative island tour will be available.
Today, after yoga and breakfast, we will travel up to the north-west through Co Sligo and the distinctive looming shape of Ben Bulben Mountain. We will pause by a beach under its shadow to walk or talk a horse ride along the expansive deserted beach here, as the Atlantic laps our feet. If it is raining, we will visit a pottery instead. We will pass through Donegal town and skirt Donegal Bay to head out to Ireland's highest cliffs at Slieve League. These are well over twice the height of the Cliffs of Moher at 601m! That evening we will stay in an old Irish castle at Lough Eske, where we have a great final banquet dinner.
Today is our last day; all good things must come to an end. We will have our yoga session and breakfast and depart for Dublin Airport. En route, we will stop at the National Famine Museum in Strokestown, Co. Roscommon and have lunch there also. On arrival at the airport, we must say our goodbyes! Thank you for joining us for your all-inclusive yoga retreat to Ireland. We hope to see you again soon!
- 8 days/7 nights in well-rated accommodations
- Pick-up and drop-off at Dublin airport (DUB)
- All meals during the retreat (breakfast, lunch, & dinner)
- All transportation during the retreat
- Gratuities for tour guides, restaurant staff, and drivers
- All excursions listed on itinerary
- Local private guide
- Daily yoga
Trip Doesn't Include:
- Airfare to and from Dublin, Ireland
- Souvenirs, drinks, snacks, additional excursions, or other personal items
- Gratuities of a personal nature (hotel staff, spa services, etc.)
- Any alcoholic beverages (unless listed on itinerary)
- Any COVID-19 related tests or documentation (if applicable)
- Travel insurance and medical insurance (required)
- Any travel-related fees (visas, passports, baggage, etc.)
Packing List for Travel to Europe
- Travel insurance details (including emergency contact information)
- Copy of passport (both in physical and digital form)
- COVID-19 vaccination records
- Trip itinerary (including accommodation and transportation details)
Helpful Tip: Make two copies of your passport, travel insurance papers, and other important travel documents. Diversify your copies by storing them electronically on your computer/smartphone and separating them in your money belt, carry-on bag, and checked luggage. Keep your vaccination records with your passport.
- Debit card (with a four-digit PIN)
- Credit card
- Petty cash (in euros, ~100)
- Cross-body bag or travel purse (to avoid theft when out walking around)
Helpful Tip: You can withdraw euros from ATMs, and it's usually the most convenient way to get local currency. However, it's always a good idea to bring some petty cash just in case of an emergency. Be mindful of the denomination you carry as some shops and vendors may not accept large bills.
- Comfortable walking shoes (closed toe preferred)
- Slip-on shoes (such as sandals or flip-flops)
- Lightweight rain jacket or umbrella
- Scarf (for covering shoulders when entering religious sites or dressing up an outfit)
- Warm sweater or jacket (depending on the season)
- Swimwear (if traveling in the summer or visiting a beach destination)
- Hat and sunglasses
- Undergarments and socks
- Casual clothing (shorts, skirts, dresses, t-shirts, etc.)
- Athletic wear (yoga pants, sports bras, etc.)
- Laundry bag
Helpful Tip: Pack for the season and be mindful of local customs and dress codes. Plan to do laundry or purchase clothes locally if you run out of outfits.
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, and floss
- Shampoo and conditioner (travel-sized)
- Body wash or soap (travel-sized)
- Razor and shaving cream
- Personal medications (in their original containers)
- Pain reliever (such as aspirin or ibuprofen)
- Anti-diarrhea medicine (such as Imodium or Pepto-Bismol)
- Motion sickness medicine (if prone to motion sickness)
- Sunblock (SPF 30 or higher)
- Insect repellent
- First aid kit (band-aids, antiseptic wipes, etc.)
- Towel (microfiber or quick-dry)
- Hand sanitizer
- Smartphone and/or camera
- Charger and adapter (for European outlets)
- Portable charger (if planning to use devices extensively throughout the day)
- Waterproof phone case
- Power strip (if traveling with multiple devices)
- VPN software (if needed for internet security and accessing geo-restricted content)
Additional Personal Items:
- Refillable water bottle
- Day pack or backpack (for carrying essentials during the day)
- Beach bag or tote (if visiting a beach destination)
- Dry bag (for storing wet clothes or electronics)
- Beach blanket (if visiting a beach destination)
- Book or e-reader
- Journal or notepad
Always keep an eye on your belongings and be mindful of pickpockets and scams. Leave valuable items at home if possible or store them in a secure location such as a hotel safe. And don't forget to leave room in your luggage for souvenirs and gifts!
European Travel Tips
- Take out Euros from an ATM. Conversion rates are about equal to the dollar.
- Be mindful that some ATMs charge a crazy conversion rate like 11-15%. Do not use these ATMs. Avoid taking money out of EuroNet ATMs as they charge a lot of conversion fees.
- Use the XE currency conversion app to show you the conversion rate when you buy something.
- Don't pay in USD. They probably won't take it, and if they do, you won't get a good conversion.
- Always do the local currency, Euro, if a merchant asks if you want to process your card in USD or Euro.
- Cash is widely used, especially for small things like drinks. Keep small bills and coins for the bathroom.
- If you leave a tip anywhere, just round up. No need to tip out standard 20%.
- Make sure you use up all your coins before leaving Europe as you cannot exchange them back.
- Be aware of your surroundings and avoid displaying large amounts of cash in public.
- Split up your cash, cards, and important documents into different places (e.g., some in a wallet, some in a money belt, and some in your luggage).
- Keep your wallet or purse close to your body and never leave it unattended.
- Use ATMs located in secure, well-lit areas and avoid those with suspicious-looking devices attached to them.
- Check your credit card and bank statements regularly for any unauthorized charges or transactions.
- Use credit cards for larger purchases as they offer better protection than debit cards.
- Use a travel credit card that offers benefits such as no foreign transaction fees and travel insurance.
- Notify your bank and credit card company of your travel plans to prevent them from flagging your purchases as suspicious and freezing your account.
- Be cautious when using public Wi-Fi to avoid identity theft and fraud. Use a virtual private network (VPN) and avoid accessing sensitive information (e.g., bank accounts) on public Wi-Fi networks.
- Be aware of surroundings and stay alert.
- Avoid carrying valuables or expensive jewelry.
- Use a money belt or cross-body purse to keep important items secure.
- Avoid walking alone at night, especially in unlit areas.
- Keep wallet in a front pocket or money belt.
- Use a cross-body purse with a secure zipper or buckle.
- Be wary of strangers who approach.
- Stay alert in crowded places, such as train stations and tourist attractions.
- Register with embassy or consulate in case of emergency.
- Always keep emergency contact information with you.
- Learn basic phrases in local language, including how to ask for help.
- Make sure to validate your ticket before boarding.
- Use trusted ride-sharing apps or licensed taxis when taking a taxi.
- Official transportation services should be used at airports and train stations.
- Ticket type
All-Inclusive Single OccupancySale ends: May 01, 11:00 AM
May 01, 11:00 AM
Single occupancy includes a private bedroom and private bathroom for 1 person. Helpful hints: If you are traveling alone, but want to share a room with another traveler, select 1 Double Occupancy package above. If you are booking for two people who would like to share a room, select 2 Double Occupancy packages above.Price$6,500.00
- Ticket type
All-Inclusive Double OccupancySale ends: May 01, 11:00 AM
May 01, 11:00 AM
Double occupancy includes a private bedroom and private bathroom for 2 people. Helpful hints: If you have two people who would like to share a room, select 2 Double Occupancy packages. If you are traveling alone but want to be paired with another solo traveler, select 1 Double Occupancy package. If you are traveling alone and want your own room, select 1 Single Occupancy package below.Price$4,950.00